From:
Nicole Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:25:34 -0400

I'D LIKE TO SEE US LABLING LAWS CHANGE SUMMARY

Well list.  It is no surprise that I received numerous emails of people
concurring that they too would like to see things change.   Many
expressed a disire to see Ceilacs join together and try to get things to
change.  Many of you said you were going to write your reps about having
product manufacturers disclose if gluten is an ingredient and or used in
the processing (i.e dusting food with wheat flour so it doesn't stick.)
So, to those who said they would send an email and or letter; did you?

Some of you lemented the fact that you didn't know how to get a hold of
your reps.  There is a link  to a site that will allow you to locate
your reps/senators ect at the bottom of this posting.  You just need to
know your zip code.  If you do email them be sure to include your
address in the body of the letter...they will respond to you then.

One you you chastised me for trying to make celiacs a special interest
group.  I must rebuttle; that I have no intention of that.  It is my
understanding that the whole reason why food manufactors have to put
ingredents on the lables...is so consumers KNOW what they are eating.
It is not right that numerous ingredents are allowed to lurk behind
words like "natural and /or artificail flavorings and/or
seasonings...colorings".

One of you pointed out that it is approached with not just the celiac in
mind but for all of those with conditions requiring that they know what
they are eating....like nut allergies and other allergies.

All in all.... the majority of you would like to see things
change..........and they wont unless we try.  This is a definate up hill
(or should I say mountian) type of thing ....but we have to start
somewhere.  Why not here? Why not now?     http://www.eff.org/govt.html

NICOLE BRITTON