Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:27:27 +1000
It's sad to say that the bios is too old that it has a 8G limit. That's all the
problem is. You can try to look for bios update. But since the harddisk is
already formatted into 8G only. even you fdisk, it will still stay 8G unless you
use some other software to complete wipe the 16.8G harddisk partition table
(write 0000). Check with IBM site, they may have the tool to do this, if not,
try Norton Gohst or other harddisk managing program (before use, make sure they
support harddisk > 8G).

Good luck

Jun Qian

"Fred E. Caldwell" wrote:

> The other day I was putting in this mew had drive and talking to my brother
> at the same time. I'm putting into a IBM Aptiva E2137 that has a 4 GB as a
> master with windows 95 on it. He want to keep the first hard just the way it
> is and put windows 98 on the new 16.8.Booting up with the new master but
> being able to get to his old data when he wants to. I started the new
> install and after fdisking the system and rebooting  I was talking and
> didn't get to it in time so it started the install direct from the cd
> including the format. I didn't realize till after the install was done that
> it had formatted the 16.8 to 8,?. He called later to tell me it was the
> wrong hard drive.....Help?  Did the BIOS not support a 16.8 or did I not
> fdisk correctly. What do I need to do to get this puppy up to 16.8 and my
> brother off my back?

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>