From:
"Fred E. Caldwell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 08:04:23 -0500
The other day I was putting in this mew had drive and talking to my brother
at the same time. I'm putting into a IBM Aptiva E2137 that has a 4 GB as a
master with windows 95 on it. He want to keep the first hard just the way it
is and put windows 98 on the new 16.8.Booting up with the new master but
being able to get to his old data when he wants to. I started the new
install and after fdisking the system and rebooting  I was talking and
didn't get to it in time so it started the install direct from the cd
including the format. I didn't realize till after the install was done that
it had formatted the 16.8 to 8,?. He called later to tell me it was the
wrong hard drive.....Help?  Did the BIOS not support a 16.8 or did I not
fdisk correctly. What do I need to do to get this puppy up to 16.8 and my
brother off my back? Relatives ( ought to charge them twice as much) Just
kidding !
Thanks in advance,
Fred