From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 16:46:22 -0400
At 07:25 AM 9/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:27:20 -0400, Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Some is debateable.  However, if you accept the savannah origins, there
is not
>>alot of fruit and vegetable around ......
>I think we don't have to debate about pre-savannah-times
>Prehumans were fruitarians with a small animal part in the food.
<snip!>
>I suppose our former fruitarian choosed to it's best choice of these,
>whatever suited best in taste/energy/wellnes/senses......

You keep driving away at this fruitarian thing but from what we can see of
our closest ancestors, they were decidedly NOT fruitarians.  Cave sites for
Peking Man (500,000 BC) are shown to have a plethora of animal bones
indicating heavy meat consumption.  Give me an specific example of a
fruitarian ancestor that you think has some bearing on this.
<snip>

>>Two pounds of meat in a day is nothing....
>You set protein requirements very high. 1.4 grams per kg!
>This made for me-70kg 500 grams cow-muscle per day
>OR 550g almonds OR 400gs sunflower seed. We can choose or mix.
Nut and plant proteins really are inferior to meat protein in relation to
amino acid profiles.  You should also look at current estimates for
nitrogen balance and adaquate protein intake.  The RDA is based
on old numbers that are founded on wrong assumptions.  I believe even
the United Nations food bank calls for higher protein requirements.

>>Many athletes consume much more without ill effect. <snip>
>Kindey problems come over the years.....
>Excess purins, nitrogen and acid (bad balance protein to calcium)
>puts stress on one's kindeys. Everybody can decide to think if thats
>normal and healthy or not.
Sure kidney probelems come over the years.  And yet none of these imagined
problems you talk about come to pass.  Can you give me references that
indicate these problems?  The latest research that I have read shows that
increased protein consumption improves kidney function.  There have been
plenty of people, whole societies, that eat far more protein that you think
prudent and they are not falling over from kidney failure.

<snip!>

>regards Amadeus

  Wade Reeser   [log in to unmask]