From:
Dan Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 13:16:31 -0400
I have also had problems sharing an HP Deskjet printer, specifically the
675Cse (something like that) over a simple peer to peer Win95 network.  The
problem is sometimes the printer server (the computer the printer is
physically connected to) comes up with an error message "cannot write to
LPT1, try closing any applications that may be using it".  I have tried many
different things, including updating printer drivers, disabling two-way
communication, etc. The spool folder just fills up with .shd (I think that's
the extension) files.  I can delete those files and reboot the server, but
that is a temporary fix.

Dan Dexter
mailto:[log in to unmask]
mailto:[log in to unmask]