From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:16:48 -0700
It's possible you have the same problem another list member is having; i.e.,
your BIOS may not support hard drives that large.  There are quite a few systems
out there (usually 1994 or earlier) that autodetect the proper number of heads,
cylinders, and sectors, but don't know what to do with those numbers in order to
communicate with the drive.

If you know the type of motherboard you have (or if you have its manual), I
recommend checking out the website (or manual) for that motherboard to see if
yours is one of the ones that is clueless about drives that large.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego