From:
Nick Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 16:13:45 -0600
Won't go into the gory details unless necessary.

After partitioning and formatting a 6.4 gig drive into 3 ea 2 gig
partitions with the first one a Pri Dos, then rejumpering as master and
setting active it would not boot (I did do the format /s thing). Gave
nonsystem disk error, as if no operating system or not active, both of
which were true.

So, I cranked up fdisk again (from floppy a:) to do it all over, and after
deleting the pri dos and ext partitions, I went back to set primary dos
again.  To the option "use all disk" I said N(o) and it then showed 1811
Mbytes as total available.  Since it should read 6234 (approx) I now have a
drive with no partitions with 4.4 gigs missing to fdisk.

How does one get fdisk to see the rest? Is there a low level reformat that
I can do?
Any tricks? Solutions?

Thanks in advance
Nick Robinson