From:
Yitznrivka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 10:42:24 EST

Thanks for all your help and responses. We have not been able to find any
truly gf matza. Rice crackers, suggested by some, are a wonderful idea, but
their use is questionable for a number of religious reasons, especially to
Jews of Ashkenazic origin.

There are two types of matzot available which meet the strictest religious
standards. They are not  truly gf. One is matzot made of oats, which we we
have been advised contain a  minute amount of gluten. They wiill be available
after Purim in Landau's Supermarket on 18th ave, in Brooklyn. We intend to buy
some as soon as they are available and will tell you the price. The address of
Landau's is 4510 18th Ave., Brooklyn, N. Y., tel, no, 718-633-0633.
If Landau's is not accesible to you, these matzot may be obtained from Nava
Kestenbaum, tel.no., 732-370-8460, who will ship them to you.

Another type of matza is made from spelt.  They can be obtained at Brauner's
Bakery, Brooklyn N.Y. on 13th ave. and 53d St. They are $25 per pound.
Brauner's also sells Matza Meal, made from  spelt, which comes in 15 pound
bags.

Brauner' will ship.

Spelt matza can also be obtained at the Williamsburg Matzo Bakery, tel. no.
718-599-5878. They are also $25 per pound, plus shipping. We are advised that
they are also avaiable at the Natural Place, Monsey, N.Y., tel. no.
914-352-7331.

I hope this may be of some help to those of us who can tolerate spelt and oats
for one week.

Rivka Haut