From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:20:03 GMT

> There are two types of matzot available which meet the strictest
> religious standards. They are not truly gf.

I have to add a clarification to the term "not truly gf".

Oats is a hot issue and there are several discussions about the
appropriate nature of this grain in the GF diet.  If the current long
term study shows that they are GF and the issue of cross-contamination
can be resolved, it will be a welcomed addition.

Splet is wheat.  Regardless of symptoms or the lack of, it is not an
appropriate grain for a celiac.  Our wheat-restricted members are
another issue.

The issue of the GF diet and religion is not an easy issue.  Each person
must make their own choice in this matter.

If you would like to read additional information on these grains, please
read the reference file (GRAINS) at the WWW site.

--
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
Visit the Celiac WEB site at: rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/celiac