NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 21:33:52 -0500
Lila Wilson wrote:

> My son has a citrus allergy big time.  They make him very sick, with hives,
> high fever, all of it.  Any citrus does this.  He can drink milk just fine,
>  he only drinks skim milk though.  So I don't know if there is a connection
> or not.

Don't worry, I too am allergic to citrus and not milk.

 My other son who can't have milk, can't have pinapples.  Is there
> milk proteins or anything in them??

No, there are no milk proteins in pineapples (fresh at least!).
Unfortunately, however, pineapple is treated with a few nasty chemicals
before it is shipped that your son may well be reacting to.  My sister can
eat pineapple in Hawaii, but not on the mainland.

--
Kathy Wentz                        unschooler, n. one who never swims
[log in to unmask]                   with the crowd