NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Everitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:43:33 -0700
At 02:27 PM 4/15/97 EDT, you wrote:
>I read some postings recently concerning citrus reactions. Is this a
>common occurrence with milk allergic folks? My daughter was diagnosed
>about 2 months ago with milk and soy allergies. Now we have noticed a
>problem when she drank fresh squeezed lemonade, ate an orange, and just
>recently when the only possible offending food could have been citric
>acid. Her symptoms were not as severe as with milk and soy, but similar;
>and I did notice a rash on her face.

I react to both milk and citrus fruit (hives).  Commerical juice is worse
than fresh citrus fruit.  I'm concerned that my reaction could be connected
to the outside of the fruit, which is involved when making orange juice.
They squeeze the whole fruit.  Maybe an environmental allergy?

I do not know if there is a connection, but dairy, eggs, and citrus scored
the highest on my RAST test.  I'm still in the elimination phase of the
program, so I am not certain of all my reactions to those foods.

Lynn Everitt                          [log in to unmask]
Beta Program Manager                  Phone: (415) 926-5843
Informix Software, Inc.               Fax:   (415) 926-1157