NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:42:43 -0600
In our various efforts to eat at restaurants I have found little
encouraging while trying to eat milk free, but I recently ran into an
interesting case...

We were in a Hardees.  We ordered french fries as these seemed innocent
enough.  When we got the order I took the first one and they appeared to
be coated with something crusty.  The manager kept assuring me that they
were just plain fries, but I finally convinced him to read the
ingredients.  Sure enough, there was whey on them.

In addition to not being able to eat the buns in most places I am now
very paranoid about the fries almost everywhere.