From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 08:09:31 -0700

>Am I making any
>progress? I really wish that cities would level those ramps they have
>for wheelchair people. They make for difficult walking for others.
>Thanks for making me take another look at reality!

All I can say is at least we can eat some of the "regular" food.  These type
of people would not be able to get into a building if not for these ramps.
Also how many years of lobbying did it take to get these ramps?  I'm sure
they had a national voice to bring their concerns to "government" or
wherever you lobby.

I'm not up on political correctness, but we can survive even though food
labelling is lacking, to say the least.  Yes, we might have to find
alternatives to our food likes and yes, I am still (after 1.5 yrs) in a why
me attitude.  I survived for 34 years without even knowing I was celiac and
was not sick but now that I know I will follow whatever rules of the diet I
can, without getting fanatical to ensure at least another 34 years of good
life.

But I can still take consolation in that my illness is totally taken care of
by only a diet and not a regime of medications.  If this diet is followed I
can lead a normal, productive life, their is no deadline for celiac people,
ie. cancer patients do have a deadline in many instances.

Thanx for listening to my 2 cents.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada