From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 11:35:32 -0500
Regarding the CommCat program, my friend Johnny tried that and for some
reason, he could not get it to work for him. So, that is why I didn't
mention it. I, personally, have not tried any of these programs and devices.
I am just too damned old fashion because I like to turn knobs and push
buttons and touch a box that feels like a transceiver, transmitter, or
receiver, not some computer or cellphone. I have another good friend that
owns the Flex software transceiver and he controls it with his iPhone. That
is great for him, but to this old guy, that is just not ham radio! Oh, I
know it is modern ham radio, and that will appeal to the younger segment of
the population we are trying to entice into our hobby, but I'm not in that
segment of the population; so, it doesn't appeal to me at all. It fascinates
me, and I think it is neat that it can be done, but I'm just not interested
in doing it! <lol>

Just an old fart,
Ron, K8HSY