From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:40:32 -0500
Several of you expressed an interest in being able to remotely control your
rigs using an iPhone. There are a few alternatives, but they are either free
but pretty complex to set up and to get operating properly or they cost
quite a bit but are pretty easy to set-up and get operating. Here is what
Pat wrote back and told me:

It is possible with Android but not as far as I know with iPhone - as far as
apps go.  However, the workaround is to set up the TS-2000 with rig control
software running on a Windows computer.  Install TeamViewer and Skype on
both the Windows computer and the iPhone.  Set up a Skype account for each
device.  Use TeamViewer to remote control the Windows computer from the
iPhone, then call the host computer's Skype from the iPhone's Skype.

It's sort of complicated and I think it isn't all that easy - but this has
been written up in various articles.  Android has an app that incorporates
remoting and the sound porting.  It is the one we are now using from
Remotehams.com.

The easiest, best alternative that I found was the Remote Shack; it costs
around $500 plus whatever other options you purchase. It gets excellent
reviews, both for the product and for the firm's service. It is at
www.remoteshack.com and you can read several reviews of this product on
eHam.

Ron, K8HSY