From:
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:12:58 -0500
That may help whoever I could get to build it in to this cable idea the
nonresponsive guy had. It's just about splitting left and right to feed two
separate sources, and then the extra lines on the iPhone side to allow
return audio back to the phone from the mic. I am not certain that any
analog computer headset could be used, as one I found with a single plug for
both mic and headphone specifies a nominal voltage of around 3 volts for the
microphone. I bet the inability of an iPhone to supply that is why the
manufacturer's site says it doesn't work with iPhone 5. I have a 6 anyways,
but I doubt they changed anything about that jack except the location. You
would probably need some kind of battery supply, but inserting power on the
left and right output lines might make a disaster.