From:
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:32:30 -0500
I wonder if they fix the TH-F6a? I don't quite know why, but I think the
charger blew it out when I plugged in to charge it. I was in an area where
this radio wouldn't have been enough to hit the repeaters I liked to use for
awhile, but have sense moved back closer to them. I was dumb in thinking I
could plug it in with the prongs of the brick facing down in order to keep
the other part of the outlet free for something else. I quickly unplugged
when I thought I could smell something from the bedroom where I had it
charging, and the radio was quite warm, and the charger was also. Now if I
plug it in nothing happens. If I smelled the charger after it was cool, I
could smell that burnt smell. I tried the same with the radio with the
battery cover off, and didn't smell anything so there's hope. If I do find
another charger that is compatible, would it likely burn up if I plug the
radio in with it? I'm just glad I didn't start a fire because the radio was
on the bed when it happened.