From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:19:13 EDT

Progresso was bought by another company, and their ingredients have also
changed.

www.glutenfreemall.com has this --  You might be able to get it from one of
the larger healthfood stores like Whole Foods, Wild Oats, etc.

GFF175140
Kettle Cuisine Organic Mushroom & Potato with Cream Gluten-Free Soup
(Frozen - 0.50 Unit)
Product Amount: 10 oz. Package (0.50 Unit - 10 Units Fill 1 Cooler) Frozen
Foods

They also sell a cream soup base gluten free if you want it to make  green
bean casserole or something like that.
++++++
Pacific Foods and Imagine Foods both have mushroom soup in a box, however
it is not condensed if you want it for recipes you will have to adjust other
liquid amounts.
+++++

It's still out thee...I find it interesting that Pregresso makes so many
varieities but each store only carries a few.
The mushroom is one of the basic ones so others are probably missing it
too. Talk to the store manager about gettting it back in stock.    In our area,
it's not uncommon to find Progresso soups on the shelves at Walmart,
Walgreens, & also Menards (I guess if you expect single men to eat, you should
sell food in the hardware store...) Our Menards is one of the few places that I
can find Herb-Ox boullion & price is lot too.

+++++
glutenfreewannabe.com - there's a recipe at that website
+++++

There is an awesome GF Mushroom Sauce and Soup mix from Full Flavor Foods.
Their products are  independently tested for gluten by the CSA - Celiac
Sprue Association and are certified gluten free.  You can use it anywhere your
recipe calls for a can of cream of mushroom soup.  It is also great just
served as a sauce over meat (chicken breast.)   It is a dry mix but
reconstitues into a real Mushroom Sauce made with lots of real mushrooms (and no
metallic aftertaste like with some canned products!)  The company's web-site is
www.forfullflavor.com.
+++++
http://www.myglutenfreecafe.com/products_chickennoodsoup.html
for four soups.