From:
R Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:54:04 -0700
>On Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:12 PM, Marilyn Harris wrote:
>A book which might be of great interest to people here:
>
>Food, Nutrition and the Prevention of Cancer: a global perspective
>
>http://www.wcrf-uk.org/report/index.lasso

Thank you Marilyn for this very interesting link. I was disappointed that
they did not mention Stanislas Tanchou's seminal work that was the first
statistical analysis of cancer deaths published in the London Lancet in
1843. His examination of 9,118 cancer deaths in Paris and surrounding areas
was the first statistical study of cancer deaths. He drew several
conclusions: "cancer is more frequent in proportion as civilization
advances" (1).  Reltedly, if anyone is interested I would also be happy to
provide copies of:

Hoggan R. Considering wheat, rye, and barley proteins as aids to
carcinogens.
Med Hypotheses. 1997 Sep;49(3):285-8.

1. Tanchou, S. London Lancet. Aug 5th, 1843. 593-594

Best Wishes,
Ron