From:
"Dr. R Hoggan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:52:58 -0700
Hi Jim,
Because burning fats causes less CO2 production at the cellular level there
is less CO2 to exchange across the lung mucosa.  I have a lung disease that
causes diffuse scar tissue on my lung walls (smokers get patchy scar
tissue). I find that when I am in ketosis my lungs function a lot better. My
peak flows are higher and I rebound more quickly from breathlessness when in
ketosis. If I stay in ketosis for a few weeks I drop about 10 pounds which
probably gives my lungs a little more expansion room too.

Best Wishes,
Ron