From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 20:53:42 -0600
Hi Tom,
Headache resolution on a gluten-free diet has repeatedly been documented.
Here are 11 peer reviewed research and case reports (not speculative) of
headache in association with celiac disease. Unfortunately, one is in
Italian and another in Spanish. However, 9 are in English.

Headaches and their resolution on a G-F diet have also been documented in
other peer reviewed publications, but I can't find a more complete list just
now.

Best Wishes,
Ron
1:  Ertekin V, Selimoglu MA, Altnkaynak S.  Prevalence of cyclic  vomiting
syndrome in a sample of Turkish school children in an  urban area. J Clin
Gastroenterol. 2006 Nov-Dec;40(10):896-8.

2:  Zarkadas M, Cranney A, Case S, Molloy M, Switzer C, Graham ID,  Butzner
JD, Rashid M, Warren RE, Burrows V.  The impact of a  gluten-free diet on
adults with coeliac disease: results of a  national survey. J Hum Nutr Diet.
2006 Feb;19(1):41-9.

3:  Rashid M, Cranney A, Zarkadas M, Graham ID, Switzer C, Case S,  Molloy
M, Warren RE, Burrows V, Butzner JD.  Celiac disease:  evaluation of the
diagnosis and dietary compliance in Canadian  children. Pediatrics. 2005
Dec;116(6):e754-9.

4:  Bushara KO.  Neurologic presentation of celiac disease.
Gastroenterology. 2005 Apr;128(4 Suppl 1):S92-7.

5:  Zelnik N, Pacht A, Obeid R, Lerner A.  Range of neurologic  disorders in
patients with celiac disease. Pediatrics. 2004  Jun;113(6):1672-6.

6:  Cicarelli G, Della Rocca G, Amboni M, Ciacci C, Mazzacca G,  Filla A,
Barone P.  Clinical and neurological abnormalities in  adult celiac disease.
Neurol Sci. 2003 Dec;24(5):311-7.

7:  Spina M, Incorpora G, Trigilia T, Branciforte F, Franco G, Di  Gregorio
F.  [Headache as atypical presentation of celiac disease:  report of a
clinical case] Pediatr Med Chir. 2001  Mar-Apr;23(2):133-5. Italian.

8:  Roche Herrero MC, Arcas Martinez J, Martinez-Bermejo A, Lopez  Martin V,
Polanco I, Tendero Gormaz A, Fernandez Jaen A.  [The  prevalence of headache
in a population of patients with coeliac  disease] Rev Neurol. 2001 Feb
16-28;32(4):301-9. Review. Spanish.

9:  Faulkner-Hogg KB, Selby WS, Loblay RH.  Dietary analysis in  symptomatic
patients with coeliac disease on a gluten-free diet:  the role of trace
amounts of gluten and non-gluten food  intolerances. Scand J Gastroenterol.
1999 Aug;34(8):784-9.

10:  Crosato F, Senter S.  Cerebral occipital calcifications in  celiac
disease. Neuropediatrics. 1992 Aug;23(4):214-7.

11:  Battistella PA, Mattesi P, Casara GL, Carollo C, Condini A,  Allegri F,
Rigon F.  Bilateral cerebral occipital calcifi

> On Behalf Of Tom Bri
> Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:11 PM

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.php?feed=Science&article=UPI-1-2007050
3-13060400-bc-ageofautism.xml