ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:53:43 -0700
Vinny,

I didn't realize you were a ham.  Now a days, you don't even need a radio.
They have this thing called echo link.  You dial up the website on your
computer, locate the node you want, of which there are thousands now, and
you can link into that frequency and talk all over the world based upon the
node you pick.  Our 2 meter repeater club here is set up like that.  So I
can dial out to the system or anybody who is licensed and has a computer and
microphone can dial up our node.  With the poor band conditions, ham radio
is moving more and more to the internet and now echo link makes it simple.

Phil.
K0NX

Learning Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com