ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:47:59 -0500
Brad,
Thanks for your concern.  I am thankful that I have the work I have and it
is sufficient to keep me in the black.  Praise God I haven't slipped into
the negative yet.  Business has been a bit slow this year.  I believe it is
two things or maybe three.
One, the economy has been a bit bad for many.  Prices have gone up and the
oil and gas thing has caused a bit more caution with most folk.  Piano
tuning is not on the top of the priority list.
Two, the driver problems I have had over the last two and a half years and
the effect on the consistency of my work.  Then there is the cancellations
that I have had to make because of drivers.
Three, I have grown so tired of the working all the time and when I come
home have the schedule and scheduling hanging over my head.  It just seems
the work is never done. Theese days, few people answer their phone any more.
They let the voicemail or answering machine get it and then don't or forget
to call back. So, when I go to the data base and search the files and call,
it is going over a lot of the same old ground and just not very encouraging.
 Then I may be my worse problem!
Brad, I have prayed and prayed about the situation but have not recieved
anything from the Lord about it.  A few of our men asked me about taking a
part time position of pastoring the church in the absence of a full time
pastor.  I have prayed about it and talked with them more about it but have
had no direction or indication from the Lord.  I have not felt impressed to
move in that direction.  In fact, I hdon't have a clue whtat the Lord is
going to do in our church.  I know what the devil is going to do or is
already doing.  I know too that he will not win.  "Greater is He that is in
you than he that is in the world". Isn't the devil kinda dumb?  He knows
that and yet he still tries. Oh well, please, my echurch family, pray with
me for our church family.
Remember the chorus?  I'm so happy and here's the reason why,
Jesus took my burdens all away".

Ned