ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:37:12 -0400
Rhonda,
I hear many people talking about "paying" their tithe.  It is not a debt we
pay but a gift we give.  In the old testament, the jewish people under that
lwa, were governed by the law and the tithe was part of that.  Now, in the
New Testament we are taught to "give according as God prospers you". Jesus
talking to the people in His day said that the people under the law gave
three different tithes then He aisd we were to do more than the Pharisees.
What I am getting at is that with great priviledge comes greater
responsibility.  God has given us His son: what are we willing to give to
Him.  It is not a matter of the law but a matter of the heart.

I hope I wasn't too confusing.  Maybe I should have thought it through a
little more before I responded.

Ned