From:
Heather Ribaudo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Ribaudo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:40:48 -0400

My mother sent me these Toaster Bags from England (actually they were the
ones below, but the same idea)
http://www.kitchenkapers.com/no-stick-toast-it-toaster-bags.html

Basically they are sturdy little bags that you slip your bread into before
placing it in the toaster. The idea is that you can use them for
sandwiches and your filling doesn't get all over the toaster, but since
they complete cover the bread and stick out of the top of the toaster, my
impression is that they will prevent cross-contamination from a shared
toaster. Personally I don't plan on using them everyday, but they came in
really handy when we were recently staying at a friends house; I was able
to make my toast in their toaster in the morning and felt that I
didn't need to worry about cross-contamination.
Does anybody have any other experience with these bags? Am I being naive
considering them to be safe?

Heather
         0__
        c/ /'_

Heather Ribaudo, PhD
Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research
Harvard School of Public Health

FXB Building Rm 509 - telephone (617) 432-2897
                            fax (617) 432-3163
http://biosun1.harvard.edu/~hbeacon/