C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:20:19 EST
In a message dated 10/30/02 10:42:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>If you want to listen to/read a "talking head", I might suggest Bill
>Buckley.  Sure, he's an ivy-league snoot, but his politics are sound and
>grounded in true Jeffersonian democracy (read "states' rights").
>
>-Kyle

I greatly admire Buckley. I do not read him much, but I think he is
brilliant. His "down the nose" attitude is, somehow, appealing. When we lived
in NY, he ran for mayor of NYC. He was a hoot. LBJ made a big deal of coming
to New York to endorse the Democratic candidate. When asked what he thought
of this turn of events, he stated the he(Buckley) was relieved, since he was
worried momentarily thinking Johnson was coming to endorse him!