From:
Monica Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:35:55 -0500

Hi all.  I've written a couple of times because I suspect that I have
celiac disease.The answers that I've recieved and my experiences seem to
point to it.

I've been hell bent all year to get an official diagnoses.The blood
tests came back negative after a two month gluten load.I had to take a
leave of absence from work.I knew that I coudn't handle both.

As soon as the GI took the tests I went gluten free.She doesn't believe
that my symptoms could be caused by Celiac BTW.  I felt so much better
with just two weeks GF.I really didn't think that she would agree to a
biopsy.Surprise.She did,with the condition of another 8 week gluten
load.

This is the closest I've ever gotten to a diagnoses.I think it would
help with a lot of problems that would arise in the future.Plus it would
convince other family members that are sick to look into it.

I can't believe that I've gotten this close and I'm not going to take
the opportunity.It's only been two days of the gluten load.The
itching,pain,sleeplessness,fatigue,depression,nauseousness are all
back.I could add projectile vomiting to the list but I'm determined not
to tear my esophagus again.I won't go through that again for another two
months.

So count me in.I have celiac disease.I hate that it's not written in
stone for so many reasons.My family could benefit so much from it.I feel
like an idiot explaining that I can't eat most of the things that others
take for granted on just a "suspicion" that it's making me sick.I don't
know how to deal with it.I guess I'll call myself an honorary celiac and
get back to life.I'm not a disease anyway.I just can't eat gluten.Life
is to important to have to have a peice of paper to validate how I live
it.

Thanks for letting me get that of my shoulders,
God Bless,
Monica