From:
monica barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:15:39 -0800

This is my first posting.Hope it's done the right way.Bear with me it's
long.I've been trying to get diagnosed with celiac disease for almost a
year.I know gluten makes me sick with psychological symptoms and nausea
after staying gluten free for a small period of time.

While still ingesting gluten,a physicians assistant had ordered a 72 hr.
Dylose fat stool and another test that the lab reported didn't even exist
anymore.It was IGg or IGa.The lab also performed the wrong test on the fat
stool.

I was so angry that I refused to go through the 72 hour poop in a jar test
again so she referred to a GI with a three month wait.I avoided gluten again
because of the terrible symptoms and the long wait.

My son shows symptoms so I had him tested in November since he is still
ingesting gluten.Lo and behold the lab lost his blood tests.He'll get a
repeat this week hopefully.

Also had a biopsy done for possible DH.I don't think he even tested for
antibodies as it's not listed on the insurance report.Just that it's
non-malignant.

I believe that an official diagnoses is important so the docs are on the
alert when prescibing meds or during hospital stays,so I've been eating
breads again to get a positive result on my Feb. appointment with a GI.I had
to take a leave of absence from work in NOV. because of the symptoms it's
causing.Also having problems managing my home and kids.

My question is,how long am I suppossed to wait while they continually
screw up the testing and is their possibly legal recourse.It would be
nice to be able to afford the foods that we need to eat to get well. .

 I will summarize,
Monica