From:
monica barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:26:24 -0600

   I'm confused.Most of my symptoms have been brain related when eating
wheat.Anxiety attacks,,just plain mean and paranoia.I have hypoglycemia
which causes these symptoms,but bread always puts it over the top.If I
cheat on my hypoglycemia diet with pure sugar it' doesn't bring on half
the reaction that a bread cheat does.Sometimes it's immediate with face
going numb or itching.Sometimes it comes twelve hours later,with severe
nausea and vomiting and no sleep.

She is convinced that celiac does not cause psychiatric or brain
symptoms.She was very adamant about that.Apparently from what I got
she's only seen severe gastrointestinal symptoms and DH with celiac with
a refferal from a Primary physician.

She did agree to run some antibody tests.So I got what I wanted from the
gluten load from hell.Hopefully these will actually make it back to the
office in one piece.

I don't believe everything on the internet,but it seems that celiac can
cause brain symptoms without a whole lot of GI symptoms from what I've
researched.I'm slowly going off of gluten anyway,since it did seem to
make a huge difference in my peace and sanity when completely free of
it.

Can I get a general consensus from anyone who has had psychiatric
symptoms with celiac and what going gluten free has done for them?I
wanted a confirmation through testing for family members that I'm
concerned about,and a little bit of proof for my sanity,but I'm through
with that.At least maybe someone can offer a little confirmation on this
list if there is anybody out there with the same problems?

Thankyou,
Monica