From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:37:58 -0500
Instead of overclocking, which is not supported by CPU manufacturers, and voids whatever warranty there is, why not just buy a CPU that is as fast as you need or want.  It's hard to say if your CPU is going to be OK.  One of the reasons it is warned against is that it not only makes the CPU unstable, but it also shortens its life.  I've seen P IV 1.8 gig CPU's for $239.00, and I'm sure others on the list have seen even faster ones for less money.