From:
Bob Warasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:13:47 -0500
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] HP 820C ink question

OK, let me try to clarify.  This is my recent experience:

1.  It's using up black ink much faster than before.

2. I assume the cartridge is being emptied because it starts producing the
incomplete characters  (blank spaces/lines running across the page).  I
tried the cleanup because the figure on the utility looks much the same as
the results I'm getting. I was thinking maybe a dirty cartridge.  Two weeks
ago I replaced the cartridge and yesterday it was giving me the spotty
printout again. Normally a new cartridge lasts me many months.

3. I weighed the cartridge and it was very close in weight to a another new
cartridge I have on hand.  The latter almost prints OK.  The charcters are
~95% OK, only a little trailing "emptiness" on an occassional character.

4.  So it looks to me as if none of my black cartridges are giving me
perfect characters.  That's what makes me suspect something in the print
engine.

Thanks,

Bob Warasila

> I don't understand the problem. The last sentence in Paragraph 1 says that
all other black printing chores are perfectly OK, then you say in Para. 2
that it is producing poor quality.  As for the excess usage, I'd say you're
right that thick solid black borders are consuming the ink. Please describe
the poor quality that is perfectly OK.