From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:47:05 -0800
Hello,
I am a graphic artist with all those programs and more.
I suggest another operating system for one. Win95 wont cut it.
And I suggest getting away from Win98 also.
I use Win2000 Pro.
512 Megs of Ram would be good to run all those programs also.
And she will def need a bigger harddrive. Graphics can get quite large.
She will also need a CD-RW
Processor. I have a 700 right now and will be soon upgrading to
a much faster one.
I have an Asus A7V Motherboard also. Its very expandable.
And she will need a 32 bit graphic card as well and a monitor that
is going to show her art in the truest of colors.
What she has now is great to learn on and get her feet wet.
But for doing the work she wants to do. She will most def be
needing another machine. I learned on such a machine as she has
now. *S*
Regards,
Sue Dobbs

  <<snip>>
  my sister acquired a  computer for 250 bucks, its a nice little computer.
  the monitor was unused. she has win 95 and home office on it, its a COMPAQ
  PRESARIO Pentium(r) w/MMX @ 166Mhz, 80MB Ram, 2.5GB hard drive. She wants to
  run with the big dogs ie. doing graphics and web sites and financial
  reports. What should she ramp up first? how big should she go if she wants
  dreamweaver, INdesign, Photoshop, that kind of thing?
  <<snip>>

  ---