From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:00:22 -0800
The computer your sister got is fine for practice, but is not suitable
to "run with the big dogs." Tell her to use it as is, don't spend any
money upgrading - it would be a waste. We are using machines like hers
for our networking lab as practice machines. For  graphics work, you
would need at least a 400MHz P2 with 128M RAM. I know others will say
that you need a 2GHz P4 with 1G RAM, and this is fine if you have the
money, but you can get away with less!

Peter
Peter Shkabara - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh