C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:21:00 EST
Joanne,
The very first thing my pt taught me was how to fall, because it was obvious
that I was going to fall a lot... that was when I was one.  As a child, I
took falling as a matter of course, and sometime between the age of 4 and 7 I
developed a fall-rolling thing, where when I fell I was able to bounce back
up like an acrobat. I lost that flexibility in my 30's. Falling is natural to
pw CP...... Alex and you, had better get used to it.  in regard to how it
feels, it feels like you're standing on two different see saws and having to
balance is pretty tricky.