C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:32:51 -0500
Jennifer,

I would get your health insurance folks to help you.  Or, your regular
doctor or whoever referred you to this surgeon.  I've found that when
doctors and nurses talk to each other things get done much more quickly.
It's like they think we "laypeople" are idiots and don't need to be directly
involved in our own care!  Anyway, call whomever you can that knows your
case well and can speak on your behalf.  E-mail is a good thing, but in
cases like this, I think face-to-face or phone contact is much better.

I wish you luck and send prayers and peaceful thoughts your way!

Linda