Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:58:56 +1000
Latest coolermaster should be good heatsink, with 5000rpm fan, you may not
be able to get good performance, but should be fine for normal operation as
long as you have good air flow inside case. coolermaster with 8000rpm fan is
one of the top cooling solution, if you don't mind the noisy level.

Personally, I'm using a cheap volcano 6cu+ (7000rpm), it's not a good
solution, but cheap and I only have a 1G Duron. The one I used before is a
very cheap Gecool, beside the fan used on it is really noisy (6000rpm makes
more noise than 7000rpm), it's performance is as good as double priced
volcano. anyway, anything is better than those Orb heatsink.
My first HSF is a 5000rpm no brand, it was fine for my Duron 650, but can't
handle much overclocking, so I changed to a coolermaster, then I discovered
coolermaster wasn't any better, then I got a bigger coolermaster unit, I
even used a big intel cpu heatsink. after so many disappointment, I went for
6000rpm Gecool and now 7000rpm volcano.

all major hardware sites offer heatsink-fan (HSF) review, you should get a
good idea what's good. If I ever upgrade to a fast athlon, I think I will
use coolermaster + 8000rpm fan, for its low price and high performance. (I'm
that kind of person who completely do not care how loud my computer is)

I personal will never get a slow version again, unless I can afford water
cooling. (budget is tight for me, so I can't afford good heatsink)

Jun Qian