Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:29:12 +1000
If you do a search in CD writer news groups, there are still discussion
about DMA mode on CDR-RW unit. it is a common problem.

So far as I know, I have very mixed experience. some drives won't work if
you enable DMA, some will read but not write with DMA, some work fine. if
your unit works fine with DMA enabled, you have no reason to worry, UDMA
won't offer more speed advantage since we are talking about CD drive here. I
can't tell you which brand doesn't work, since it will be against my
workplace (you can ask me privately, but not in public). but the only brand
I can trust (for CD writer) is Sony.

However, if you want to try something, depending on which chipset you are
using, you can download the latest driver (VIA 4in1, Intel inf, ALi
installation ... etc), it may help. but, win2k and mobo/BIOS will auto
detect from the drive firmware, which you can do nothing.

Jun Qian