Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:57:06 +1000
My reading on XP is bit different, it says XP will count 3 changes before
you need to call M$ and get another activation code. One sad thing is that
CPU takes 2 count, so if you changed CPU and got more RAM (a simple
upgrade), you will need to call M$. current beta XP activation is easy to
overcome, as long as you have the same RAM size.

But I never personaly played around yet, I just didn't like the idea of how
XP runs, you "have to" run M$ certified software, use certified driver
(otherwise, XP gives you a nice warning) and best of all, M$ has limited 3rd
party software you could run on XP. I will have to deal with XP later, but
not for now.

XP is one step forware of how M$ wants to controll our computer usage.

For me, I stay with win2k, and possible add Linux dual boot later. I see
nothing XP is better than win2k.

Jun Qian