C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 01:23:27 -0400
Anee:  I read in your posting about dating your boyfriend Shane who
stutters.  I myself have a problem with it.  I am currently in speech
therapy.

The reason I'm writing you this is to say that upon completing the
stuttering therapy there is a 93% success rate of getting over it.  All
stutter is, is a habit learned in childhood.  Here is a link for NCS:
http://www.stuttering.com/  The toll free phone number for them is:
(800) 221-2483.  If you call them please tell them that your boyfriend
has cerebral palsy.  Because his stuttering may or may NOT  be caused by
his cp.

As for me I have seen major improvement on my speech and hope to be
stutter free within three months.  Anee if you have any questions please
ask   I will do my best to answer them.

Jan