C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:53:12 -0400
Hello list friends,

My DHR vocational rehabilitation (A counselor that is supposed to help
me find work) suggested to me that I apply to be a peer counselor for
other people in my condition.  My first thought was great.  Because I
have always had to rely on other people so much in my life.  I wanted
and still want to give something back.

But for some strange reason I always get down on myself during the
summer months (mostly August) because my Spring semester at college ends
in early May.  The Fall semester does not start until August.  I live on
a mountain with no public transportation so I rely on my parents for
transportation.  My parents both work.   So I guess you could say I'm
stuck.

After giving it some thought I figure its best for me to get my own
problems solved.  I mean don't get me wrong I want to help others with
problems.  I just figure its  best for me to get myself straitened out.
What good am I to others if I myself am having problems?  But I plan to
be a peer counselor in the future

Jan