From:
Susan Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:50:56 PDT
Agree with Jose that it's a good printer. Here is a place that has wonderful
illustrations from the technical manuals, something I haven't seen anywhere
else.
http://www.printerworks.com/

I was sent here by a list member when I couldn't find out how to get a cover
off a multi-purpose Canon printer, and one of the people at this site
actually told me how to do it via email, even though I didn't order
anything. (You had to press four spots on the bottom of the unit
*simultaneously* with a screwdriver, and manufacturers do not share that
type of thing on their web sites.) I certainly wouldn't expect such a thing
as a matter of course, but it was amazing regardless. I have seen error 50
too, and it can mean "turn it off and it will be fine in 15 or 20 min" or
"you have to replace the fuser".

Susan Sutherland