RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:41:54 EST
In a message dated 11/14/98 3:47:59 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< >The white is also concentrated protein. Very difficult for the body to
 >metabolize, and the single biggest cause of premature aging and chronic
 >disease.

 Gerry,

 With the understanding that I'm open to most new ideas, allow me to ask a few
 questions.  How is it that raw concentrated protein can be labeled as being
the
 "single biggest cause" of premature aging and chronic disease?  Does this
 include all raw flesh foods, in your opinion?

--The emphasis is on "Concentrated protein" (Sorry, that wasn't made clear).
It doesn't matter whether it's animal or vegetable, however vegetable protein
is easier to digest. But too much is still too much. (Example: most Natural
Hygiene physicians recommend no more than say 3 oz. of seeds or nuts per day.
For me, I find even that too much.)

--There is protein in every single fruit and vegetable, so as long as one is
able to consume enough calories to maintain one's ideal weight, there should
be no problem with lack of protein.

 Without a doubt, concentrated protein is more work for the liver based on my
 simple understanding of the process, but isn't such protein from animal/plant
 sources highly beneficial to the human body?

 --Yes, but not in a concentrated form.

Furthermore, aren't there countless other factors (processed sugar and fats,
 artificial preservatives, etc.) which would be better candidates for being
the
 "single biggest cause" of premature aging and chronic disease?

--Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Biologist, Nutritionist, Scientist, and lead
scientist in the landmark Cornell/Oxford/China Project, the most comprehensive
study ever done on the cause of disease, proved beyond doubt that any time the
human body consumes over 7% protein, disease starts setting in. Dr. Campbell
maintains the only way to live healthfully is through a vegetarian diet.

For the record, Dr. Campbell grew up on a dairy farm, milked cows until he
left for college, did his Ph.D. Dissertation on how to get cows to produce
more milk. Drinking milk and eating dairy products was not only his bread and
butter, it was his "motherhood and apple pie" American philosophy.

Along the way his studies proved over and over again that humans are not
physical adapted to consume animal products, and regretfully he had to change
his whole way of thinking.  But because he's done so, he has also reclaimed
his life, and, through his empirical studies, has validated the long-held
philosophy of the Natural Hygiene movement.

--But in the end, it's "...to each his/her own." We all must do what we think
is best for ourselves, however it helps to make informed choices.

--Gerry

 Once again, I'm very much open to more information on why you feel this is
so,
 but I have to admit that this idea caught me by surprise.

 Regards,

 Ben