From:
Paul Duthie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 10:40:41 +1000
GD> I rather suspect that I have received an email that contained a virus.  Suddenly two people in my address book (Outlook Express) received an email from another person, also in my book, that were
GD> really weird. One of those emails contained an exe file that when the recipient tried to open warned them that they shouldn't.  Anyway, we have all done scans to no avail.  Here are the results
GD> of my Innoculate IT scan:-

GD> Started scanning: 8:00:11, 18/05/01
GD>  Major dat file  v200
GD>  Minor dat file  v532
GD>  Macro dat file Jan 23 2001 (VMD Ver 1.4)

GD> Scanning memory...

GD> Scanning boot sectors...
GD> C:\ Master Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win95 OSR2.
GD> C:\ Partition Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard MSWIN 4.1 FAT32.

GD> Scanning file(s)...
GD> C:\WINDOWS\MSIMGSIZ.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\WIN386.SWP - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\LT Win Modem.log - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\History\INDEX.DAT - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\History\MSHist012001051820010519\index.dat - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB - unable to open file - not scanned.
GD> C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\PAVILION.ldb - unable to open file - not scanned.

GD> Finished scanning: 8:03:31, 18/05/01
GD> Number of files scanned: 12557.
GD> Number of files that could not be scanned: 9
GD> No file viruses detected.

Did you have an IE window open or just had open while doing the scan ?

The files are as follows :
MSIMGSIZ.DAT - not sure but possibly something to do with Outlook
Express
WIN386.SWP - Windows Swap file - cannot be opened for read while
windows is running
Cookies/INDEX.DAT - Something to do with IE - cookies
Temporary Internet Files\INDEX.DAT - IE Temporary Files index (like
Netscapes cache file)
LT Win Modem.log - log file for modem - is logging turned on on your
modem ?
The rest are to do with Internet Explorer as well.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:[log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml