Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 01:46:45 -0400
Good Morning Gerry

Your inoculateIT it is out of date.  The most current version is:
5.2.9.0
Major dat file:  v1000
Minor dat file:  v1214
Macro dat file : May 17 2001 (VMD ver 1.6)

This is found in the inoculateIT toolbar menu Help -> about

Please see http://www.antivirus.cai.com/ to obtain an updated
version

If you are using a default install of InoculateIT chances are you
are not getting the best scanning available.   After you have
updated your inoculateIT you should check a couple of settings.

With InoculateIT open go to Options -> program from there check
these:

Scan options:  Make sure all items are selected
File types:  Make sure "all files" is selected
Memory:  Select  Enable memory scanning

This one is optional tho its a good idea:

Start up: Select  "run inoculateIT on system startup"

Back up in options ->real time scanning check these:

Virus monitoring:  Make sure all are selected for maximum
protection however "closing files" is your choice,  some don't
bother with it.

Enabling:  Select both options for maximum protection.  However
you may end up deselecting "floppy disk"  as some find the floppy
seek/ spinup noises to be annoying.

Be sure to save your changes when prompted.

When running an anti virus scan it is best to do so with nothing
else running at the time.  This will help ensure all files that
can be scanned will be.   Some files (as you have found) Can Not
be scanned for various reasons,  Most often because they are in
use.

InoculateIT tends to make available virus pattern updates every
few days (if not every day),  However unless there is a new major
virus outbreak updating once a week is sufficient for the average
users.  You can do this right from inoculateIT with the
autodownload feature.  This is a manual update meaning you can
not schedule updates to run by itself.

I do hope that has helped somewhat

Christy White

On 5/18/01 at 8:11 AM Geraldine Dunne wrote:

>Good morning font of knowledge,
>
>I rather suspect that I have received an email that contained a
virus.
>Suddenly two people in my address book (Outlook Express)
received an email
>from another person, also in my book, that were really weird.
One of those
>emails contained an exe file that when the recipient tried to
open warned
>them that they shouldn't.  Anyway, we have all done scans to no
avail.
>Here are the results of my Innoculate IT scan:-
>
>Started scanning: 8:00:11, 18/05/01
> Major dat file  v200
> Minor dat file  v532
> Macro dat file Jan 23 2001 (VMD Ver 1.4)

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com