From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:13:49 -0800
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:06:16 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How to do it?  I already know that out-of-the-box Neanderthin
>doesn't work.  The Zone works but is so calorically restricted
>that LBM loss is guaranteed.
>
> [...]
>
>Yesterday's menu:
>
>Morning: 2 boiled eggs, 1 landjaeger, about 6 strawberries, a
>handful of walnuts.
>
>Afternoon: sliced chicken breast (only about 4 ounces,
>unfortunately) on salad greens, with olive oil and wine vinegar,
>plus a boiled egg.
>
>Dinner: about 8 ounces of steak, with mushrooms cooked in coconut
>oil.  Another half dozen strawberries and some walnuts.
>
>Late snack: 1 landjaeger.

First, I don't see any reason to lose LBM on the Zone.   The protein
calculations are identical to those in Protein Power, and they are designed to
be adjusted for the amount of activity.

The body should only lose LBM if there is insufficient protein intake.

Second, your diet above looks to me to actually be less calories than one would
eat on the Zone!   A Zone day would look about the same plus some more carbs for
both lunch and dinner.

PS  Gordon wrote: " These herbs are natural sources of caffeine, ephedrines and
aspirin. The herbal formula seemed to kick my weight loss into high gear,
probably through an increase in my physical activity level, a further reduction
in my appetite and perhaps also by increasing my basal metabolic rate. I stopped
taking it shortly after reaching my target weight. "

This is very well known in both the online diet world and the online
bodybuilding world.   It is called "ECA stacking" and is indeed designed to
increase basal metabolic rate.   It is also considered by some to be somewhat
dangerous...

--
Cheers,

Ken