From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:09:26 -0800
Hello,

I came across the following:

" We attended the Second International Symposium on Dietary Fats and Oil
Consumption in Health and Disease hosted by Southwestern University Medical
School in Dallas, Texas, in April 1996, at which nutritional researchers from
around the world presented their findings on the effects of fat in the human
diet.  After the presentations showing that study subjects following the low-fat
diet hadn't gotten rid of their obesity, hadn't lowered their cholesterol
levels, had lowered their HDL levels (the good cholesterol), and had increased
their blood levels of triglycerides (a major risk factor for heart disease), the
moderators of the symposium pronounced the low-fat diet a failure.  When asked
by audience members (most of whom were physicians, scientists, or nutritionists)
how they should treat their patients now that the low-fat diet is not the
cure-all we had hoped for, the moderators responded that they didn't know for
sure what did work, but they definitely knew what didn't.  The American Journal
of Clinical Nutrition published as a supplement to their March 1998 issue all
the papers presented at this symposium along with some of the formal discussions
that took place. " - Dr. Michael R. Eades, MD and Dr. Mary Dan Eades, MD, from
pg. xix-xx of their new book "The Protein Power Lifeplan".

I've just started the book, but just flipping through it, I can see that
everything is put in terms of Paleo... more specifics on that ASAP...

--
Cheers,

Ken