From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:24:15 +0100
From: "Jim Swayze"
> Ray > God is a multi-trillion dollar multinational industry
>
> No, God is the maker of heaven and earth and the very reason you'll take
your next breath.

That's exactly what I said!  Without gods, humans and the species that are
mutually dependent on humans would not have survived the Pleistocene
extinction.  I further did not mean to imply that these trillions of dollars
spent in his name were wasted or a rip-off.  Without religion, civilization
as we know it could not have evolved.  The morality inherent in humans (
comparable to that found in rap stars) is not compatible with tending herds,
raising crops or living in cities and punching a time clock.  A new set of
rules were needed.  Hunter-gathers don't follow most of the Ten Commandments
( Biblical not NeanderThin ) because those things have no context in a
society with no property, real estate, lifetime monogamy or other problems
inherent in a civilized society.

It was our fall from grace ( Gent 2:17) that caused man to need salvation.
The only way we were able to survive the flood that ended the Pleistocene
was by breeding plants and animals ( taking them two by two into the ark -
see: "Covenant of the Wild" by Steven Bidiansky in my bibliography ).  This
process of neoteny continues to this day and our religions must continually
evolve if we are to keep up.

As a man who has had no income since 1999 ( and gave that away ), I am
dependant on God for my daily bread ( Biblical not NeanderThin).  He has
provided me with a house ( four bedroom with pool), a car ( my 13th free
one ) exceptional food and a wonderfully gifted son.

I wouldn't want to piss Him off!  Praise Horus!!!!!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com