From:
Molly NiDana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:37:56 +0800
> I like the roasts suggestion.  I can't stomach the idea of eating expired
> meat tho.

No, no, not *spoiled* meat, just meat that is priced for quick sale.
Use common sense, but in general, they're not allowed to sell meat
that has actually expired, just that is the equivilant of sitting in
your fridge for a few days.  I bought some fabulous Porterhouse
steaks the other day for 1/2 off, and they were nowhere near
*spoiled*. It's not paleo, IMHO,  to only eat meat that has just been
"killed".  You don't want to let it go too long, as I of course
remember my parents eating thin slices of "just killed" when we
butchered, and how much they enjoyed it, but I've always liked meat
aged a bit.

Molly Ni/Dana <[log in to unmask]>