From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:15:42 +0200
At 07:14 1999-09-15 -0700, Mary wrote:

>Also, where can we buy fermented cabbage (sauerkraut) that does not have non
>paleo ingredients?

It is quite easy to make it oneself:
slice cabbage thin or use the blender knives. Put in a jar or
similar, and press compact so that it gets juicy. With help of
a weight (a stone for ex) ensure that all cabbage is under
juice level. Add a little water if necessary.
Most people add some salt, I do not, but I mix the cabbage with
caraway seeds.
Store in room temp 4-5 days, then a little cooler for another 5-6
days, and then 3 weeks in the fridge. Use within some months.
I am shure You easily can find more detailed recipes.

>when I have seen HGs on TV, like National Geographic, they seem absolutely
>surrounded by dirt and bacteria...

And they also get sick from it.

>how would we replicate an HG situation here?

For dirt and bacteria it should be easy. Never tidy the house,
no vacuum cleaning, always have a walk in some mud or dog shit
before You go inside, use no shoes. Never do any dishes, plates
can be used over and over, or just put the food on the table.
And so on :-)
I am shure there will be a trade off in health if we simulate
the HG situation here, especially as we are not used to it
from birth. But I think we can be a little less afraid of
dirt than we currently are, also clothes and body.

- Hans