ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:36:48 -0500
Hey Julie,
I'm with you.  You know, when I used to live in Chicago, the church that
we attended had an excellent pipe organ.  It was like being in heaven.
To top that, on Reformation Sunday, they would always start the service
with the hymn "A Mighty Fortress," complete with pipe organ and trumpets
and it was powerful.  In fact, you know how churches joke about the C & E
crowd?  Well, this church had people who would attend on Reformation day
just to experience that hymn.  Oh, I love the pipe organ and classical
music.  It moves me more than any praise song ever has.  When I am
singing a hymn with pipe organ accompaniment and with full congregational
participation, it just makes me cry, there is so much power in it.  There
are times when I just feel  paralyzed with emotion I am so overwhelmed in
what I am experiencing in that type    of service.  I have never felt the
holy spirit that powerfully in a modern service.
Kathy!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!